Saturday, November 7, 2009

Russel Wright Progress of Process

My progress is tightening up visual layout elements.
I have reduced the the pull quotes on my text pages by 12 points so they don't look like they're fighting to jump off the page.
On the chapter introduction spreads I've reduced the amount of lines that the title extends over vertically, so that the title doesn't read like a stutter. This spread also Shows my Grid.
I've reduced the point size on the word "contents" on the contents spread. It also now reflects the bibliography spread.

My cover simply consists of Russel Wright's hallmark on his ceramic dinnerware. It gives just a hint of what you'll see inside the book and simplistic flat color reflects the chapter intro spreads. The type and images throughout the book are placed within my grid which is shown in my first chapter intro spread below.


No comments:

Post a Comment