Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tender Buttons Final Concept.

Here are my final spreads and jackets for Tender Buttons. My concept is representing all the information and emotion Stein extracts from simple inanimate objects and trying to cram them back into their containment. The effect is claustrophobic and looks like the words are about to burst out of their containment. I've had fun with the exaggerated lock-up type compositions and the high contrast of size, weight, and direction. The Dust Jacket is a gold fish confined within the cover. I've used the fish bowl as a metaphor for containers that mirror the poems layouts. I've implied the bowl and used the boundaries of the cover itself to imply containment and a lonely claustrophobic environment.

I will make last minute modifications from my critique before I send my file off to Blurb.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment