Thursday, February 11, 2010

Experiment Part 2

After my research on M.C. Escher and finding the relativity through his work, I have reflected a bit on what I have experimented with so far and have found that there are more that just a handful of ways to make multiple messages read out of a singular form from different distances and perspectives. I now know that geometry and symmetry are key to my experiments and found from his flat two dimensional - I found a new question: What if translucent and opaque layering in the third dimension create solve the same structural problem at hand? So far I am working with strictly 90 degree angles, almost De Stijl-like, and also teardrop-shaped transparencies. Here are some examples of reference and current experimentation.

PROCESS:

This is just construction work for my letter forms. I'm thinking that my experimental question of "how many messages can be read out of a singular form at different perspectives and distances" is slowly running into Tammy's transparency experiment of layered messages. Because my problem can be solved that the same way.





REFERENCE:

1 comment: