Friday, October 16, 2009

Sound Gatherings

For obtaining sound, I've gathered sound effects, instrumental mood music, a few lyrical songs, and have written a rough script as an introduction or an in-animation-narration track.

My Sounds effects I've recorded and gathered range from leashes clipping, collars dangling, dogs barking, people whistling the pitter-patter of paws. My sound effects will vary to some relative actions in the animation such as my verb connects might have other connecting sound effects like containers closing or zippers pulling. I might try some darker sounds like jail cell doors shutting, or a ball and chain to emphasize a humorous undertone from the dogs perspective of being shut inside or leashed up.

My instrumental music consists of a constant paced rhythm and a few Gershwin tracks that have a bounce attitude to reflect the dogs walking pattern.

For my lyrical songs, I'm still all over the place, I have the Rob & Big theme song, the Globe Trotters theme song (Sweet Georgia Brown), Running on Empty, I'll follow the Sun, The Sesame Street theme, Happy Jack, etc. I Chose these based on a variety of approaches: humor, cheesy, man-dog relationship, whistling aspects, and so on. I want to find a song with a slight acoustic lead-in and picks up the pace to match my animation, but something very bouncy and light in mood. I am also exploring some darker aspects from some suggestions.

My script is from the dogs perspective, but doesn't want to reveal the dogs perspective till the end of the script. I entertain the idea of vagueness of narration. My script can go both ways as far as working as an introduction or a narration overlay and leans more towards the internal poetic nature.

      : Get him up
        Prance around
        Make a sound
        Get that lazy hairball up!

        The Collar is on
        My feet on the floor
        We're out the door
        My buddy, my friend!

        Get outside
        Grass tickles my feet
        The air smells so sweet
        I have nothing to hide!

        Feel a tug at my back
        Take a look around
        It's my Human looking down!

        Lets go for a walk!

Its still a working process and might want to take a darker undertone to it.
I'll try to post my audio gatherings, but have had evidence shown from desk critiques today.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment